Monday, September 17, 2012

Around the Office Update #1

Since June and July, I have received a lot of positive feedback from parishioners when I've communicated that we have a strong vision that came out of the Vestry Retreat for the path All Saints will take.

That enthusiasm has encouraged me to better update you on the progress we have made and the steps we still need to take to continue on the path we have envisioned.  So this series of articles called Around the Office Updates are written to let you know what's happening in the office.  Generally I hope the articles will be shorter than this one.

The three items that came out of the vestry retreat were 1) to get me the administrative and communications help that I've needed 2) to put in place a ministry position that would focus on Christian Formation within our parish family and 3) to establish a long range planning group of parishioners to vision the stewardship of our campus and facilities.

The help I've needed has come online with our new administrator Sarah Peters.  Sarah attends church at St. Mark's Episcopal Church, Richmond, just down the road from us.  Sarah is already up on the learning curve and I'm letting go of administrative duties that she can take care of for me.  She brings enthusiasm, flexibility, and energy into the office.  She's taken on updating our website, Facebook page, and advertisement duties as well as standard administrative duties.

The second staffing position we've been working toward is the Family Life Minister.   This position  will involve formation events that are targeted at the whole parish, but also give considerable weight to our youth and children.  I've received 3 verbal inquiries/clarifications (one from outside the parish) concerning this ministry.  As of today, I've received two rèsumès. I've put together a selection committee to help me with interviewing candidates.  The process has been and will continue to be shaped by prayer. And the position will be filled with a qualified and energetic individual!

Lastly, we have established our long range planning committee.  We will have had two meetings as of this week.  The first was an orientation meeting at the end of August which was fruitful conversation.  The second meeting is today with a representative from the bishop's office.  This meeting is for us to ask questions about how the diocese can support All Saints as we follow our path.

That's it for this week's update.  Don't forget that you're always welcome to join me in Morning Prayer Tues-Fri (a little after 8:30) as I pray for All Saints and our ministry together.
Fr. Stephen+

No comments:

Post a Comment